Thursday, January 15, 2009

I'm ready

Looking forward to the sun & warmth of southern New Mexico. As you know it has been biting cold here. Pure ugly cold. So, what is this Ultra you're running in? An Ultra is any ditance beyond a regular marathon. In this case i will be running 38.5 miles )~63 km. In fact it is a marathon + half marathon tied together. The on easpect that has me a little concerned is how my body will adjust to the high elevation. I just saw the elevation drawing on the Barrie Roadrunners blog and i was shocked.
Nevertheless, it will be adventure with biting wild pigs and i'm told poisinous dormant snakes. This will also be my first race using a "camelback". My goal is to take lots of pictures, don't get lost and write a story i can submit to Ultra Running magazine as well as Running Room magazine. All for no, i'll tell you all about it when i get back next Tuesday.

No comments: