Friday, March 27, 2009

a plunge

just finished 3200 meters in the pool this morning. on January 2nd, i joined the Barrie Masters Swim Club with one pragmatic goal ; to reduce my 2:05 /100m pace to 1:50 /100m. swimming by far has been my achilles heel. however with lots of repetition & pointers from my mentors Brad & Mark, i think i can honestly say i've improved. how can i be so sure that i've improved ? easy. i'm not getting beat as badly now. swimming in many ways is like swinging a golf club or throwing a perfect QB spiral. everything has to click. Its all about motor mechanics Coach Fracas at the UofW use to say at our Lancer football practices. Swimming is about reduce drag & resistance. what a feeling when suddenly everything you have learned kicks in with pinpoint precision & suddenly for a brief moment you feel like a torpedo moving through water. but as fast as it comes, it leaves you to. that's the frustration. i hope i haven't jinxed myself by talking about self-improvement. my lovely wife, often reminds me, "look back 4 years ago when you struggled to finish 750 meters".
my motto has been, never even think about quitting ; and if you truly want something be persistant. signing off, Jamie

No comments: