Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Barry's Bay Tri 2009

I love this race. This year my good friend Tim Hatch joined me in the 114 competitor race. It was the17th year for this race and i am simply amazed how this local race is now attracting some wicked serious athletes. Several years ago i said to myself that if i was able to improve my own performance to a self-satisfying level i might even be able to finish in the top ten overall. Well, that was 4 years ago & i did not anticipate the calibre of racer this event now attracts. I think even Tim was somewhat surprised by the fine quality of competitors. I mean after all, can you blame me ? Back in 2005 this was my very first Triathlon where i used a mountain bike. This year the bike course was changed to Hwy 60 leading out of Barry's Bay heading toward Algonquin Park a much more hillier landscape, and it showed in the times. In the swim, thank god i swam crooked again or else i might have had a decent time. Sheeit, as Bobke would say.

No comments: