Friday, September 25, 2009

Sub 3

To obtain my goal of running a "Sub 3" on November 1st will be sweet. Is it realistic? Yes, well, "hell yeah". Last year with the my friend Brendan pacing me I finished the Hamilton Marathon in a time of 3 hrs 9 mins 58 secs. But Jamie, that means you have to knock off ten minutes. Yes that is a lot of time. However i do have a plan. Simply run a 4:14 pace throughout and use Kevin O'Neill runner extroridnaire from Barrie as my rpm gauge. It's been one week since I bruised my ribs, and my ribs are very slowly starting to feel better. I went to my family doctor yesterday, somehow expecting to hear a miracle cure from the Journal of New England Medicine that had just been uncovered in the last 24 hours that I had not yet come across in my own research. It goes like this, 'Scientist from the New England area have just discovered a miracle cure for bruised ribs. It's been stumbled on that if you swallow 3 Vitamin "C" tablets and spin around on your left heel three times fast while placing your index finger in your left ear drum, that this will act as a catalyst & can speed up the healing of the bruised muscle area by 600 times." But, that's not what Dr. Morris said. It was more a long the lines of "Suck it up you Wimp, Oh, and don't even think about swimming."

No comments: