Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Bracebridge Half Iron


Surprised myself. Not only did i meet my personal goal for this race ; i set a PB for a half iron distance triathlon. Considering this is Muskoka country and thus hills and rough roads are a factor, I was is disbelief when i turned the corner to see the finish clock read 5 hrs 16 minutes. My previous best was at Benton Harbor, Mi. in 2007.
bracebridge is a great challenging course with a small field. The swim is in the river which allows you to swim both with and against the current. The bike course has a bit of everything is the best way to describe. The run is challenging with a few key steep hills. On this particular day it rain hard. coming into T2, I knew my gear would be absolutely drenched from the open skies.
I finished 4/16 in my age category.

No comments: