Wednesday, March 2, 2011

2011 Peterborough Half


I love this race. The new route is a winner and a keeper. To the the husband & wife sitting at the end of their driveway in lawn chairs cheering kudos. To everyone who was cheering for Mr. Kansas, I have a confession, the t-shirt is from Kansas, I'm not. I'm sure their were many locals telling their friends, "hey, some guy came from Kansas to do the Peterborough Half".
Overall numbers were down from last year but were up in my age bracket. Fellow Barrie TC member Mary Mitchell rocked the race finishing the hilly course in 1 hr 36 mins taking first in her age category. Although I did not do a PB, I was absolutely thrilled with the results since I haven't run since November, [maybe four times and longest run might have been 12.5 km]. The night before I was at the Motorhead concert which some might say is an advantage to the adrenline. Reflectling back their were times for this race, I would go to sleep at 9pm the night before. To all at the YMCA and to the City of Peterborough, we love your race. You are to be applauded. Keep the event. Keep smiling. It's now a tradition.

No comments: