Sunday, May 24, 2015

the art of retailing

I'm in the shopping centre business and am very intrigue with the art of retailing. what i mean about this specifically is the leading edge tools that relevant retailers use to help sell their products. i work with thousand of retailers from national chains to moms and pops. too many people get into retailer and shouldn't. Retailing is selling. Probably the number one criteria after a solid product is a selling staff that is gregarious, honest, knowledgeable and sincerely takes an interest in you the customer.
Yesterday to my disbelief i walked through the entrance doors of Canadian Tire in Barrie and an automated voice welcomed me to Canadian Tire. I stopped in my tracks and my wife stopped as well and asked if i was ok. i told her, no i wasn't. i had a tear in my eye and was a little choked up my the heartfelt message.
the next immediate thought was somewhere along the line a person or persons or quite possibly an executive team sat around a marketing table and determine they could make a difference by having a computed voice welcoming you to Canadian Tire as you crossed the threshold.

No comments: