Friday, January 6, 2012

Review: J Edgar - give it a 3, no a 4.

Ok, maybe a five. J Edgar directed by one of my favourites Clint Eastwood. I sat in row 27. Albeit J Edgar has been out in the shows for six weeks, there were nine of us in the theater of which i knew five. Just a thought had i taken the time to introduce myself to the other 4, I could have printed I knew everyone in the theatre. I thought the role of Miss Gandy (Naomi Watts) was the best part of the movie. Ok, so maybe J Edgar should get a 6 rating. Essentially, you the viewer, are left to determine, was J Edgar Hoover a suppressed homosexual, authoritarian control freak momma's boy, who enjoyed doing push ups in his office ? Go see the movie - you decide. I enjoy American political history but this portrayal although, accurate, was like waiting for a tardy bus on a rainy day ; not exactly fun. Still Leonard deCappucino's acting was convincing. Co-star Arnie Hammer playing the role of J Edgar's right hand man (so to speak) Clyde Tolson did well until the make up artist messed up with the aging process. My god he looked like a burn victim not a 70 year old man. Still Naomi Watts saved the movie, so I'll give a rating of 7. One last thing, when did a medium pepsi hold 16 gallons.

No comments: